I am alone in a town of conservatives it is my mission to cure them of there ignorance if this blog is discovered i will be killed but i must risk it...
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Silly Creationist Silliness
The other day one of my few conservative friends Ben Jones approached me and said there was more evidence supporting creation than evolution. I asked him to give me an example, he gave me a few, I am still working on some of them but one of them I have successfully disproved. The argument was that the earth moves 2mm away from the sun each year, so if the earth really formed 2 billion years ago then it would have had to come out of the sun. I disproved this with some simple math. The sun is 146 million kilometers away from the earth, one kilometer is 1,000,000 millimeters. The earth was formed 4.7 Billion years ago so 4,700,000,000 multiplied by .0002 equals 940,000 miles. So another claim disproved, but not all claims have been disproved and that brings up a good point. Because not everything can be disproved by science at this time, people just assume if you can't explain one thing that science is false and creation is real. It's a bit like a weed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment